At proposal preparation time, Martel’s experts can help you maximize your chances of a successful response through practical training programs and practical assistance with preparing and submitting your bid. From choosing the most relevant calls and appropriate instruments, while developing the core concept, to building a top-notch consortium and write the best possible proposal.
At project run time, our experts are there to advise, assist, and collaborate as your project moves through its execution on several fronts. Martel can help manage and coordinate your project, run and promote Open Calls (cascade funding), take care of professional dissemination and communication tasks, as well as organise and moderate events or experiment new advanced ICT technologies.
Don’t let the operational details distract from pursuing your goal – focus on your core competencies, and let us support you with ours. Our expert team can support your innovation project from start to finish, from sourcing technical and human resources to strategic and operational project management.
Martel can assist you with:
- Risk analysis and contingency planning
- Preparation of the data management plan, quality assurance plan, and IPR management report
- Administration management
- Communication with the EC including the Financial and Scientific Report, Annual Report, and Project Periodic Report
- Organisation and coordination of online and physical meetings
- Establishment and running of all the processes and tools to support the progress monitoring, quality assurance and communication
The rules on how funding can be used and how it should be accounted for are strict, and not always transparent. Failure to comply can result in funding being revoked and fraudulent activity is taken very seriously. After two decades, we know the ins-and-outs very well. Our experts can provide consulting on, and direct management of your account’s responsibilities.
We can assist through:
- Deep, expert knowledge of the current EC rules regarding eligible costs. The rules change with every Framework Programme, and often require specific EC training. We make sure you stay up-to-date
- Set up and ensure adherence to the correct accounting framework within the project consortium
- Make and receive payments and distribute cascade funding, as required
- Record keeping of money received and spent
- Ensuring personnel costs and timesheets are compliant and up to date
- Calculating the correct costs (especially personnel costs) according to the defined standards
- Ensuring that all categories of costs to be claimed for, such as third parties and sub-contractors, are correctly identified in the Grant Agreement
OPEN CALLS MANAGEMENT AND PROMOTION
Cascade funding offered via Open Calls provide opportunities to third party contributors to get financial support from ongoing EC funded projects. Drawing on our extensive experience In Open Calls management, our experts can:
- Outline the overall Open Calls process based on the project needs
- Support the consortium in identifying the details of the calls, the most appropriate deadlines, the budget distribution and the criteria for the evaluation process
- Prepare Open Call Information documents
- Prepare all needed templates for the proposal, evaluation and report
- Prepare and execute the promotional campaign, including building a dedicated web presence for submission of the proposals; creation and distribution of promotional materials such as flyers and videos; and advertise the call on the most appropriate channels
- Support the consortium in identifying the right experts to contact for the evaluation phase
- Outline the evaluation process
- Organise and facilitate consensus calls
- Identify, contact and announce the winners of the call
- Write the final report about the outcome of the Open Call
DISSEMINATION AND COMMUNICATION
Disseminating and communicating your results is becoming increasingly important to EU funded projects, with expectations and KPIs rising with each review. Our media team can bring years of experience to ensuring ensure you hit your targets, every time.
Read about our media and communication services here.
Research and Innovation Roadmapping
Innovation roadmapping, definition of strategic research and innovation agendas and elaboration of policy recommendations are critical and complex tasks in several EC funded projects. To identify main priorities, challenges and opportunities requires to consult experts, analyse research, market and policy reports/documents, gather evidence on technology push factors as well as on market pull elements. Martel has developed well-oiled roadmapping methodologies, as well as a set of consultation tools and channels that are key to identify future challenges, trends and agendas that can get your innovation funded.
Martel can support you to:
- Identify the critical goals, core objectives and target groups
- Plan an efficient and realistic methodology from point zero up to delivery and promotion
- Bring together all the relevant stakeholders, key players and communities in close collaboration
- Implement an exhaustive and complete desktop research review
- Organize relevant working groups, workshops and webinars for feedback and information
- Formulate a Structure Roadmap document and assign contributions based on the expertise of the parties involved
- Create a well-presented format including graphics and infographics
- Establish well-documented forward-looking recommendations
Project coordination and management of EC projects is one of the most consolidated set of services Martel has been offering across a number of projects of different size and nature. At work with private and public organisations, with large industrial partners and SMEs, but also with renown research centers and top academic institutions, Martel’s coordination and management can make the difference!.
- Serve as the central contact point with the European Commission
- Support all the project management activities
- Act as communication facilitator of the consortium partners in order to form and engage fruitful collaborative work
- Manage the administration and financial task of the project
- Keep the engagement, attention, cooperation and contribution of all involved partners
- Set and maintain constant and open communication between all parties while closely monitoring the project’s progress
- Request and review any documents or information required by the EC and verify their completeness and correctness before passing them on to the EC
- Manage reporting to the EC, including updates/submission of milestones, deliverables, reports and KPIs
- Plan and arrange Consortium meetings and communication tools.