Since February 2016, the FIRE STUDY project, which Martel Innovate is coordinating, provides support to the European Commission to coordinate activities across the Future Internet Research and Experimentation, FIRE, community, working to :
- Create an on-line inventory that builds on a complete and accurate map of all experimental infrastructures available in Europe for Next Generation Internet experimentation on the basis of the XiPi platform.
- Support the implementation and evolution of the FIRE strategy and roadmap by assessing current capabilities, needs and evolution trends within the Next Generation Internet context.
- Ensure cohesive community building, events organisation and participation as well as dissemination and communication activities across the various large-scale experimentation-focused projects.
- Monitor and assess the progress and effectiveness of FIRE activities by collecting and evaluating Key Performance Indicators in close collaboration with the EC.
- Elaborate policy recommendations for Future Internet experimentation for 2018-2020 as a concrete mean to support the EC and all NGI innovators to properly steer future R&D&I activities.