The FIWARE Tech Summit 2017 edition is coming to Malaga on November 28th-29th, 2017! Martel will have a primary role at the event and present three technical talks at the FIWARE Tech Summit. Dr. Federico Facca, Head of the Lab, in collaboration with Fernando Lopez from the FIWARE Foundation, is chairing the session on tools and solutions for creating FIWARE cloud-based platforms. Beside the Martel Lab team, the Martel Media team will also be present at the Summit to work on the internationalization of FIWARE.
This is an exciting event for us, and we hope to meet you there to discuss and plan future collaborations!
Martel Lab’s Talks at the Summit
- Docker Swarm’s secrets for creating great FIWARE platforms. Federico will be on stage presenting Martel’s work on Docker for FIWARE ready-platforms. Most of FIWARE’s services are available as Dockerized images. Starting from that, how can you create an infrastructure of FIWARE services? What are the things you need to take care of to make the infrastructure reliable and scalable? During this session, participants will learn about general concepts related to cloud architectures and how to apply them to FIWARE enablers using Docker Swarm.
- What you need to understand about your platform architecture
- Where to find some interesting content to help you creating your architecture
- How to create your first FIWARE service ready for Docker Swarm
- How to test it
- Mastermind: how to automate the management of overall data and IoT FIWARE stack services. Gabriele Cerfoglio, Intern Developer, in collaboration with Atos, will present MasterMind, a new tool under active development to simplify the management of FIWARE data and IoT enabled services.
- QuantumLeap: a FIWARE Time Series DB. Tomas Aliaga, Senior Developer, will present QuantumLeap, a Martel-led development partially funded by the SmartSDK project. QuantumLeap is an API that supports the storage of NGSI FIWARE NGSIv2 data into a time series database. Join this session to learn about its current status and the planned developments. During this session we will show you:
- How to deploy QuantumLeap in HA on top of a Docker Cluster
- How to connect QuantumLeap to a Context Broker instance to store historical data
- How to run queries against stored data
- How to connect Crate (QuantumLeap’s backend) to Grafana and create nice graphs out of your data
The Martel Media team will be at the FIWARE Tech Summit in Malaga, representing the FIWARE Mexico and SmartSDK projects, reporting the work done by the FIWARE Mexican hub and analysing the roadmap and alignment of the Mexican ICT priorities with the FIWARE ecosystem.
Meet us at the FIWARE Summit to learn more about Martel and talk about collaboration!