NGIoT present at Digital Around the World
For 24 hours non-stop, region by region, time zone by time zone, top-level international speakers will be presenting and discussing the last technological innovations and trends in digital transformation: from the Internet of Things to 5G, network virtualization and smart services. 27 high level sessions with keynote speakers will be developed and moderated consecutively from various countries in Europe, the Americas and the Asia/Pacific region, and a worldwide community of industry experts, researchers and specialized media will have the opportunity to follow and interact in the debates.
NGIoT will be present with the talk “IoT and Edge Computing: Future Directions for Europe” at 12:00pm – 1:00pm CET
Edge Computing brings computation, analytics and data storage closer to the location where it is needed to support the proliferation of IoT, reduce latency, tackle data deluge and improve security, resilience and trust. Intelligent IoT devices fuel the digital transformation of areas like energy, agri-food, automotive, manufacturing and smart cities & communities. The session explores the future of Edge Computing including its role of safely connecting devices; and provides insights into the requirement for orchestration with cloud services, the importance of integrating connectivity and computing with AI-based reasoning and automation, while addressing the challenges and barriers for European stakeholders across different sectors.
Agenda of the session:
– Welcome and Introduction, Dr Monique Calisti, CEO Martel Innovate, EU-IOT Project Coordinator
– IoT and Edge Computing, Rolf Riemenschneider, European Commission
– Next Generation Internet of Things, Prof Martin Brynskov, Aarhus University, NGIOT Project Coordinator
– Expert Panel
- IoT, Edge and Fog Computing, Dr Angelo Corsaro, CTO, ADLINK
- Computing beyond Edge, Atos Swarm computing, Dr Ana Juan Ferrer, Atos Distinguished Expert, Edge Domain; Atos Scientific Community Member
- Building a digital continuum, Dr Federico M. Facca, CTO MARTEL, H-CLOUD Project Coordinator
- The Challenge of Orchestrating the Distributed Edge, Rob Tiffany, VP and Head of IoT Strategy, Ericsson
- Martin Bauer, Senior Researcher, NEC Laboratories Europe
– Q&A session and conclusions